Our Story & Our Ingredients
Hi and welcome to Mo & Co Soaps. If this is your first time in, welcome. And even if this is your fifth time in, welcome welcome.
The "Mo" in Mo & Co stands for "Mikie and Owen". And you can probably guess what the "Co" stands for. We are a teen owned, and teen created company. Both Mikie, and Owen are high school students who are interested in business and creating great, natural products.
Our mission started on August 10th 2021, when we decided to make a hand-crafted product that we could also get practical use out of. And so, Mo & Co was born. With the intention of making the best soap out there, our main pillars are: Smell great, provide excellent quality at a good value, use no unnecessary ingredients, and make a difference in the world.
We quickly realized our little idea had incredible potential. And just like that we set off on our great adventure. Soap does not need to have 30+ ingredients. It doesn't even need 7. And that's where we come in. Our soaps have a maximum of 6 ingredients. We add only the most necessary ingredients in our soaps. That means added color is out, palm oil and glycerin are out, and harsh chemicals are out. We’ve taken all of the guesswork and nasty stuff out of soap.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support. Because we donate a portion of every sale to charitable organizations, we are working together to make a positive difference in the world. With Mo & Co you can get clean and feel good doing it.
It’s time for your soap to make a difference. Let’s do this!
The ingredients we use in our soaps have been carefully selected for optimal customer satisfaction. When we first started making soaps, we decided to make it a point to use only the most necessary ingredients. This means added color, cheap harsh chemicals, and decorations are all out. Here is what our bars are made out of:
- Saponified Olive Oil - This will help soften your skin, while also keeping the bar hard.
- Saponified Coconut Oil - This is a cleanser for your skin, it also creates a thicker lather.
- Shea Butter - This adds the moisturizing aspect to our bars that people love.
- Fragrance/Essential oil - This is the scent in the bars, whether it's fruity, floral, or outdoorsy, we nail it. And whether you prefer fragrance oil, essential oil, or maybe no scent at all, we have options for everyone.
- Distilled Water - And finally this helps with the saponification process which turns oils into soap.
And here is what our bars don't have in them:
- Added color: Added color is unnecessary. It doesn’t contribute to the actual effectiveness of the soap. Sure the soap may look cool, but the cost of your soap goes up when color is added.
- Cheap harsh chemicals: Soaps should never make cost a higher priority over quality. When soaps have a bunch of chemicals you can't pronounce, that's when it's time to change your soap game. We believe you shouldn’t rub things you can't pronounce on your biggest organ, your skin.
- Decorations: We don't decorate our soaps, simply because it is unnecessary. Soaps don't need to have flowers, herbs, etc. Not only do decorations increase the cost of ingredients, they’re just not necessary to provide you a good, clean product.